Hanging the vinyls



...the late night celebration of hanging the vinyls...

This part of the process seemed surreal to me because, even though I had been planning this for months, it did not somehow seem possible that it would actually come to exist.

Likewise, the scale shift that occurred between my computer screen and physical reality when the vinyls were unfolded was profound.

One thing I love about realizing a piece of work is that I still can be completely amazed and filled with with wonder once it leaves my hands. I have felt for a long time that my pieces take on their own lives at some point during their inception. It is at then that I cease to be the creator (or medium though which this stuff pours) and instead become the tender, the caretaker; the work itself becomes the sower.